Monday, November 19, 2007

40 + 6

Lots of pressure. Baby apparently wants to come out through my belly button...at the same time as pushing through my lower ribs. He's strrrrrretccccchhhhing. At times I feel as though there's a basketball between my legs as I walk. My hips and back are very sore. Don't read into that and tell me it's early labour. I generally do have bad hips and a bad back.

I'm getting a little tired of telling people my due date. These curious people are EVERYWHERE. I must have told ten or fifteen people (mostly cashiers--we went to a lot of shops) today alone. I'm considering telling people what Dave used to (and I always got annoyed with this joke)--that I'm due in April and that I'm just a little...big.

I know walking around is good for the baby and me, but my feet can't take much more.

Bought a nursing gown today--like a collared night shirt that buttons all the way down. It's kind of ugly, but it will serve the post-deliver purpose...and I've been told it isn't a pretty sight!

Also bought two more outfits for the baby. We have way too many clothes, but I couldn't resist. These are for 3-6 months. One is a 3-piece outfit for Baby to wear while watching the Superbowl with Daddy. The other are overalls. $7 for all of them. Go TJ Max!

41 week appointment tomorrow! They're going to want to schedule an induction. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

bluemoon said...

Well, maybe Baby C just prefers to have deadlines to work with. And maybe he likes procrastinating too. So, if your induction date actually gets set, then he'll decide that is ok to come on out!

Rachel Bardwell said...

Hey Jill, hang in there; your pregnancy days are numbered. Really.

My friend Heidi has a good article on cloth diapers on her blog. Her blog is linked to mine if you'd like to check it out. Thought it might be helpful for you!