Sunday, November 18, 2007

40 + 5...or Birthday Reflections

Well, as Baby has decided to hold off for at least another day, we won't be sharing my birthday. Even though there's no little newborn here to love, I was thinking that I've already had my last birthday during which the attention is focused completely on me. I have always LOVED my birthday. I know I'm going to sound completely selfish here, but I loved the one day that it's all about me. And today, it's the first birthday where, even though he's not here yet, I can't stop thinking about that special person in my life (besides Dave!)...and not myself. It's been a shift in priorities, and I love it. So here's to you, Baby, on your momma's birthday: I love you more than I thought I could love anyone, and we haven't even met yet. Come on out and into our loving, waiting arms. (And you have 10.5 hours left if you want to share a birthday cake every year!)

2 comments:

oboeinsight.com said...

I do hope you've had a lovely birthday, Jillian!

I look forward to hearing about that baby entering the world. (They can be stubborn, you know ... they seem to take their own sweet time to show themselves!)

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Jillian! I guess that baby just wants the celebration to go on...hang in there! Alison & Josh (p.s. Ursula was 12...days...late...)