My friend Tracy threw me a wonderful baby shower on Saturday. I had such a lovely time! Thank you! Thanks also to Rachel for all your organizing help! Dave's mom Margaret was able to be there for the event, which made it even more special. Barb Reck drove in from Iowa City, Laura Woodruff came from Minneapolis, and Carrie Culver drove up from Kansas City. Laura stayed with us the night before, and Carrie was at a hotel, and they both came over to help clean and set up on Saturday morning. I'm so lucky to have such thoughtful friends!
Everyone was so generous--we feel much more prepared for this baby! Six weeks to go!


My great friends Rachel and Tracy.

I know! Let's measure Jill's belly with yarn! (This is Laura, who was very close! Natasha was the winner.)

I had to wear this lovely hat for our English tea-themed shower. :)

My amazing collection of gifts! Thank you, everybody!
If you'd like to see all the photos of the baby shower, click
here.
1 comment:
Congrats Jill, wish I could have been there! Oh well, we'll have to have one for you when you next visit.
Totally aside... did you know that you and I have the same sofa and loveseat? Too funny!
I see from your gifts that someone gave you the fisher price popcorn-push-on-the-floor thingie (that is, yes, the official name). Heehee my mom got me one when I had Cohen... I couldn't figure out why she chuckled as she gave it to me... until Cohen was 2. Then I passed it on to my sister-in-law when she had Julia. I chuckled too. Until she gave it back to me when I had Lili. Kids love 'em, parents hate 'em! And I see one at every baby shower I go to, and it always makes me chuckle.
Yay for Avent bottles! They're the best.
Hope you're getting some sleep these days! The last month is the longest and the shortest, both at once.
Love,
Mary
Post a Comment