Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Playing the pregnancy card

Best pregnancy perk: parking at speciality shops. Some places like Babies R Us have spaces especially for expecting mothers or moms with small children. Some have no such thing. On Monday, I had to park about 4 blocks away from the music school, load myself up like a pack mule, and waddle over to teach my class. There was ONE parking space left in the music parking lot, and it was taken over by a painter's van--well, he was in two spots. Today when I circled the lot and saw the same van in one spot and a huge ladder propped up in the adjacent spot, I pulled over, got out of the car, found the painter getting something out of his van, and asked if he'd mind moving the ladder so that I could park there. (Me:) "I had to walk four blocks yesterday, and I'm 8 months pregnant..." Him: "I can see that...of course, of course!"

Primo parking spot. It made my day.

1 comment:

Rachel Bardwell said...

Our church has parking spots for new and expectant moms. It rocks.