Well, after my 37-week appointment today, Dave and I have some big decisions to make. The doctor (the only male in the practice--and the first male doctor to EVER examine me below the belt and above the knees!...he was actually VERY rough--I'm still a little sore...too much information?) said there could always be a miracle, but because of the way the baby is presented (a "frank" breech--his feet are by his head, his legs parallel to his back, and his butt is nestled down where his head should be now), it is pretty unlikely the baby will turn, either by himself or by attempting to turn him. Soooo....we have a few options, none of which I'm thrilled about. I'm going for another acupuncture appointment on Friday.
Before I divulge too much information, I want to have a little contest on my blog. I probably should have done it earlier! It's the guessing game! In the comments section, leave your guess with the baby's delivery date, weight and length in inches. (We know it's boy...well, I guess 2 ultrasounds could STILL be wrong...hopefully not!) My due date is November 13. Remember, comments are open to anyone, so click on "O Comments" (if you're the first--"37 comments" if you're the 38th...you get the idea), type in your guesses, leave your name and type in the security code you see (to avoid comment spam). Voila! The winner gets a very special prize--honourable mention on my blog for being the winner. ;)
And don't worry about the "decisions" we have to make. We'll be fine. Baby is healthy and kicking away in there. :)
*Update: Go ahead and leave the time of day in your guess--I like that idea!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
hmmm ok, I say 8'4", born November 5th at 11:13am.
I can't stand male OB's! Rarely gentle!
Have you tried everything (pretty sure you have, poor thing)? Lots of interesting ideas here: http://www.mother-care.ca/breech.htm
Well, no matter, after it's all over, you'll have a baby! And look at it this way - if you have a scheduled C-Section, at least you get to do your hair beforehand so you look nice in the photos!
Whatever decision you make... you're gonna be a mama very soon! Yay Jill!
Okay - totally uneducated guesses here:
November 6th, 8lbs10oz, 21 inches long.
(See, I can follow directions, unlike Mary, the overachiever, guessing the time!!) ;)
Can't wait!!
LOL sorry, I guess I should learn to read and follow directions. I didn't guess length either. Shame!
November 14, 7 lbs, 10 oz.
(Yeah, I know, you don't want to wait that long!)
I still think he's going to turn when he gets good and ready. Wait, was that part of the contest?
Birth Date: November 14 (because 14 is my lucky number, and I think you'd rather that be the date than the weight. :-) )
Weight: 8 lbs
Length: 20 inches
Name: Poindexter Elihu Camwell
Oh, was I not supposed to tell that?
I think my little playmate will be here on November 13 and will weigh 7' 7" and be 20 in long.
Can't wait to meet him!
Nov 2
8 pounds 3 ounces
22 inches
Margaret (as typed by Dave...)
Yikes, all my guesses were taken already. Let me see:
November 6th in the afternoon
8 lbs, 1 oz
21 inches
That's weird that you had an unpleasant experience with the male OB. I've had the complete opposite experience. I've not liked any of the female OBs I've ever seen because they've been very rough and just plain mean. The three men I've seen have all been gentle, sweet, and understanding. Weird.
Here's my wild guess:
Delivery Date November 9
Weight 8.01 pounds
Height 17"
Love Jen (sister)
well... how was your appointment??? anxiously awaiting any news... :)
Here's my guesses!!!
November 12th
3:35pm
7 pounds 4 ounces
17.4"
I love the Easter Egg belly costume!!! :)
Post a Comment