Thursday, October 18, 2007

36 weeks, 2 days



"26 days" to go and feeling great!

Baby is still breech. :(

I had another acupuncture appointment yesterday. I'll try again next week if the doctor says Baby still hasn't cooperated. My doctors would like to schedule a c-section or attempt an external cephalic version (turning the baby), where they are either successful or send me to the operating room. They like to do this between 38 and 39 weeks, which is pretty soon. I'm getting nervous. The rational part of me says that we'll still have a baby in the end, no matter how he gets here. But I still feel as though I will need some time to mourn my natural birth experience if I don't get it. I know that the most important thing is a healthy baby (and mom!--that would be me!), but I think it's ok to acknowledge those feelings, don't you?

Nauburn is at an all-time high. :(

Happy things? I have a mover and a shaker in me! I love feeling Baby move around, even when he's kicking my bladder or elbowing me in the ribs. I have a wonderful, supportive husband. My hospital bag is almost packed. I only have one more trip to Cedar Rapids. Playing is still not really bothering me. I do notice I can't quite make it all the way to the ends of longer phrases, but I'm good at sneaking breaths. All of Baby's cloth diapers, receiving blankets, bedding and clothes are washed and ready to go! I'm still enjoying being pregnant...overall. :) I can't wait to meet my little boy though!

2 comments:

bluemoon said...

You look beautiful!

Have you tried meditating? There are supposedly all sorts of visual images that can apparently help baby turn. I'm sure you've probably been thinking somersaults for a month LOL!

Definitely allow yourself to mourn the potential loss of your natural birth experience. And (speaking from no personal experience but conversations with other c-section moms)be prepared for the possibility that you will feel that loss significantly in the first few months.

However, you totally have the right outlook - you'll have a healthy baby boy, and a few months down the road the actual birth experience will mean very little compared to the baby experience :)

I'm SO excited for you two, it is such a long road, and soon you will have your reward for tolerating all of the nauburn!

Karmen said...

You look great Jill! :)

I can't believe that Baby Camwell is going to be here so soon! Time is flying by this year (apparently that happens when you get older - or that's what people tell me, anyway!)

I love getting your updates, and can't wait to see you all in about 6 more weeks.