Remember how I said I was very supportive about Dave doing the Daddy Olympics? Well, if I didn't say that, I am now. I cheered him on from the sidelines, and not once did I say anything less than encouraging. I believe I used phrases such as "You can do it!" and "Don't give up, honey!"
Keeping that in mind, read this article from the Des Moines Register Guard. Hmph! Double hmph!!! Dave may not have been "berated" during the event itself, but he sure is now!! I think this deserves a full-page ad of apology in the paper. Or chocolates...and a footrub. Even our childbirth class instructor mentioned it tonight! (Not in front of the whole class--only when I mentioned it to her at break; she had read that and thought, "yikes!") The saving grace (and at first I was mad about this too) is that my name isn't even mentioned in the article.
Speaking of that instructor, she is in the top left picture of the article, attaching an empathy belly to a dad-to-be. Hmmm...that gives me an idea. I think Dave should wear the empathy belly at our next class, and I'll take pictures to put on this blog. That would make up for it a bit. ;)
*Another correction in the article: Dave did tell the reporter this was our third childbirth class, not "daddy bootcamp" class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment