Saturday, September 08, 2007

I jinxed the Pepcid AC

Just by saying that it was working well for me, I had a terrible night last night. I took my pill and still woke up every hour and sometimes twice an hour. I was exhausted today. The lemon drops really help, but they're only a temporary fix to help the nausea subside.

This morning Dave and I went to a "Stork Affair" at Mercy Hospital. Tons of exhibitors and tons more mommies to be. We got some free goodies, signed up for lots of give-aways (I will win one SOMEDAY!) and went to a seminar on preparing pets for the baby's arrival. Dave participated in Daddy Olympics, and I didn't even ask him to! It was sooooo funny. Nobody had gone in a while, and Dave asked what he needed to do. He had to figure out how to put on a Baby Bjorn, while holding a baby (doll, thank goodness), put the baby in, then assemble a pack & play, complete with bassinette and mobile. All in all, he did very well, considering he had no instructions, no pictures of the assembled products, and nobody having gone before him to see how it was done. Neither of us have EVER assembled (or even seen in person) one of these things before. He put the baby on his lap while putting together the Baby Bjorn, then stuffed that baby in for the rest of the task. The top time for the day was 4 min. 8 sec., and he was at 2 min. by the end of Baby Bjorn. Then came the Pack & Play, aka something you need practice at assembling. Let me emphasize that I'm very proud of Dave for trying. He wasn't coerced, and he didn't give up. At 18 minutes, Dave put the baby in the pack & play (probably relieved not to be falling out of the Baby Bjorn anymore), and his was the slowest time of the day. Poor guy. There were many passersby commenting on how they couldn't have done it without watching someone else first. There was a little line up once Dave finished. And 4 min. 8 sec.?! That had to be someone who'd had experience. This should have been limited to first-timers only. :)

*Later edit: Dave just told me that on the sign-up sheet, there were many contestants that DID actually give up. So, yeah for Dave not quitting!!

And now for some nursery pictures, still in progress. These were taken when my parents visited a few weeks ago.

Testing the glider. Very comfy!


Trying out the changing table with baby Cookie Monster.


Diapering Cookie with a washcloth...easier than a squirming newborn?


Dave and I in the almost-finished room.


Me with the crib and glider.



Well, we have all the furniture. It seemed like a lot in that room when it was finally all in there, but we're used to it now. It doesn't all match, but we weren't about to spend big bucks to obtain that catalogue nursery look. We still need some art for the walls and some bedding for the crib. Everything will pull together. Besides, the baby will be the cutest thing in the room anyway, right?! Nobody will notice that the dresser and glider don't match the other wood in the room. (Feel free to reassure me here.)

Baby is pushing like crazy. We're really enjoying the belly shows he puts on, especially from 8pm-12am. :) Time for bed.

2 comments:

bluemoon said...

the room is looking great!!!!

i've been doing some looking for crib bedding too - i would suggest ebay, there are lots of adorable ones there for really decent prices.

and different wood just adds character!

oh yes, don't forget a night light (or dimmer lamp or something), and a stereo... i so remember long night feedings with cohen, in my rocker, listening to music and starting up at the moon.

Have fun! Here's hoping you can get some sleep in the last few weeks!

Anonymous said...

Love the glider. Best invention when it comes to baby furniture EVER. I'm worried I'll wear mine out before the next baby comes!
I think it looks great, and I love the raindrop "shower" idea. It looks beautiful!