Friday, July 06, 2007

Baby Boy!

Irony: we were trying to find a way to have an ultrasound at my prenatal visit this week...and yesterday, I had to go to the hospital, resulting in an ultrasound! Everything is fine with Baby, and we found out that we're having a son! We are thrilled!

Everything checked out with me too--they couldn't determine exactly what was wrong. No bed rest prescribed, but I'm still taking it easy.

We got some more ultrasound pictures. I'll censor the web myself and not put up the ones with "boy parts" labelled!

#1 Baby boy in profile. Not as clear as our first ultrasound.



#2 Baby boy with his hand on his forehead. I think he looks like he's saying, "D'oh! I left my keys in the car!"



It was really neat to see him kicking and feel it at the same time. Pretty soon Dave will get to feel him kick, as yesterday, after the hospital visit, he kicked hard enough that I could feel it from the outside!

Dave's been painting the nursery yesterday and today, and I think he's finished. We just need to tidy up the edges and get some paint off floorboards and closet doors. I'll post pictures when it's done! It's a lovely shade of blue--we'd actually picked it out (and bought the paint!) before we knew we were having a boy! I thought it would look nice with pink accents, if need be. Now we're looking at nursery themes, etc. and trying to decide what to go with. No sports, no dinosaurs, no trucks, no planes or boats...we'll probably go with some sort of animal theme. (Don't worry Robin, I won't steal your idea!)

Dave is less nervous now that we know it's a boy. The first thing he said was, "I KNEW IT!" Although I couldn't be happier, I'm slightly more nervous now--I was pretty sure it would be a girl! No matter what though, I feel connected to this little one, more so than before. We're talking to him as a him and using his name--which we'll be keeping as a surprise!

Oh, I was right about the Christmas dresses! Still, he'd never know...kidding.

He's kicking away right now. Content as can be. So am I--I'm not kicking anyone though--just content! :)

4 comments:

Patty said...

Woo hoo to you! I'm so excited for you. Congrats on the blue news! :-)

Jill Cathey said...

Congratulations! I couldn't believe it when I found out I was having a boy either - I was just sure it would be a girl. But now mine is 5 and I'm really glad - he is great! BTW, I was able to play pretty much right up to the end, and I had enough breath although the arrangement of my lungs and other innards did get a bit uncomfortable. I'm sure you'll be fine.

amy said...

congrats on a boy! so what instrument will he play?

Jillian Camwell said...

Anything he wants! (Although with our luck it will be drums or electric guitar...maybe I'll push pan flute...)