Friday, July 06, 2007

Say it ain't so

Shortness of breath...it's happening to Rachel. I have heard about this.

Maybe it doesn't happen with all pregnant women? *crosses fingers* My job requires me to take full sustained breaths! Did I mention I've gots gigs lined up right until the end of October?

3 comments:

bluemoon said...

ahhh you'll learn how to compensate. I did an audition when I was 39 weeks pregnant with Cohen, and I had to work HARD to make each phrase. I managed though, and it was actually a really great learning experience for me - I never knew I could push my breathing that far! I never had to concentrate SO HARD on my breathing, it was an experience I won't forget.

Fun fun fun!!!

Rachel Bardwell said...

I have never played an instrument that required breath (just piano, guitar, etc) but I can't imagine having to take deep, sustained breaths right now. Sometimes I can just be sitting still, straight up, and I find myself short of breath and gasping for air. You are probably better conditioned than I am. Good luck avoiding this side effect. . .

Patty said...

I think it may depend upon the way you are built and the way the baby is situated. I played nearly up until my due dates, no problem. And I had lots of EH solos that gave me no problem.