Sunday, June 24, 2007

19 weeks, 5 days pregnant

Traveling with belly...a synopsis:

1) Heartburn city. Pepcid AC (1 stinking tablet) in the airport: $3. I came prepared with Tums this time.

2) Don't even think of trying to reason with your pregnant body that you don't "really" need to go to the bathroom.

3) Baby kicking or bad nachos? (Or Baby reacting to bad nachos?)

4) 24 hour-delay in travel plans=emotional mommy-to-be.

5) 24 hour-delay plus finding out you're not getting any meal vouchers from the airline, resulting in mommy-to-be yelling at counter people, "You're saying that the airline is just fine with letting a pregnant woman starve for 24 hours?!" =mommy-to-be walking away and sitting down in tears.

I am so glad to be home. I'm looking forward to my own bed with my snuggly body pillow. We spent the night at a hotel in Denver last night, thanks to United and a 3-hour delay due to mechanical problems, causing us to miss our connection. We were at the airport this morning at 8:30, where we didn't get onto our stand-by flight, and our second confirmed flight was an hour late. I was not a happy camper, nor was my belly.

Un-grumpiness-related: My belly button feels really soft. And weird. If I put my hand on my belly button while I walk, it feels like it's moving independently of my body. It's kind of freaky. Dave tried today and thought so too!

No comments: