I'm in awe of babies. I am 20 weeks pregnant with 20 weeks to go, and my baby is (according to my "Countdown to my birth" calendar) only about 10 inches long and still less than a pound in weight! The average baby weighs 7.5 lbs (and bigger these days--heck, my brother was almost 10 lbs!)...so this kid has some serious growing to do! And I already thought my belly was huge!
Dave and I were walking through our family-infested neighbourhood, commenting on all the strollers and the amount of teenage angst there will be around here in 5-10 years. I thought about my friend (and neighbour) Rachel, expecting near the end of August, and how I am so much bigger than she was at this point in her pregnancy. Although I really don't want to compare--she's a tiny person to begin with. And luckily, she is bigger at 33 weeks along than I am at 20!!! (I should hope so!)
I received a few more hand-me-down maternity items, these from my sister-in-law Tamara. I'm currently wearing a white summer dress that she made with a blue leaf motif and empire waist. Very pretty. Also pretty tight around my--eckghem--bosom area. The zipper in the back just does up comfortably now, so I won't be able to wear this dress anymore in a few weeks. :(
Feeling lots of activity...but also lots of tummy troubles...so maybe it's not the baby I'm feeling. I'm still not sure.
Yesterday two strangers asked me when I was due. I love being pregnant! And I love that people are noticing now. Of course, that could have been because I was carrying a pregnancy book with me at both those times...
Did I mention I love being pregnant? Heartburn, tummy trouble, huge tummy, itchy skin (including scaly toes at the moment--weird), fun times while sneezing (don't ask), gag reflex to chicken...I'm happy to go through all of it and ten times more. I love seeing my bump get bigger. I can't wait to meet this little one. Who will he/she look like, or will Baby have a completely different look from Mom and Dad? What little personality will they have? I just can't wait! (But I'm happy to wait for Baby's sake!)
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WOW!! Halfway there already!! It's amazing how quickly time can pass- I can't wait to see you and meet baby at Christmas!! Until then, I am enjoying reading about your pregnancy adventures!!
Don't worry about what size you are. Seems you can't win either way. . . People are always telling me that I should be much bigger than I am (even though I am measuring normal). Why it's anyone's business but your doctor's, I'll never know :)
Post a Comment