He was born this morning at 10:16am after 8 hours of labour (my water broke at 3:30am) and 45 minutes of pushing. I feel incredibly blessed that I was able to have the kind of birth I'd originally wanted. I didn't have an epidural or any other drugs, but I did have a great support system around me--Dave, my mom and our birthclass instructor Laura. I felt incredibly loved, and even though it was the hardest thing I've done in my life, I wouldn't have changed a thing.
Harrison is a big beautiful boy, weighing 9 lbs. 14 oz. and measuring 22.5 inches.
We thought we'd take this opportunity to unveil our new family blog where Dave can post as well. We have more pictures of Harrison posted there. The name of the blog is Team Camwell.
No Thanksgiving dinner for us tomorrow! We'll be in the hospital until Friday afternoon.
Sorry for the delay! I needed to make sure certain people didn't hear our news through my BLOG!
Well, I'm exhausted. I will write more about the labour at another time. It's been a wonderful day!
6 comments:
Congrats honey, nice work!
He's beautiful!
*tearing up
congrats, he's a beautiful boy :) I'm so happy everything worked out as you had hoped, and for such a big boy too!
p.s. absolutely love the name!
Congratulations, Mama, you did it! What a sweetie! Alison & Josh
Congrats to both of you!! Little Harry has lots of love :)
He's really adorable!!!
He is absolutely beautiful, Jillian! Congratulations on a job well done! 8-)
It's definitely hard work ... and you really don't know until you know ... but well worth it all.
I'm very happy for all of you!
Congratulations! To the whole team Camwell - a fun new chapter in your lives now! Harry is a looker, and huge! You did great, hope you and the boys get some serious family time at home soon.
Post a Comment