Tuesday, November 13, 2007

40 weeks!

Well, I made it to my due date! (And just in time for my 100th post on this blog!)

2 pictures for you. One last night (pink floral shirt--one of my favourites), taken "just in case", and one today, as "just in case" didn't materialize.





It's funny. For the past six weeks or so, I've been getting comments from people such as "6 weeks to go? Oh! You have a ways to go then!", which sounded to me like they were surprised I was so big for being so far away from my due date. Yesterday alone, I was asked by at least three people, "So, are we having a Christmas baby?", and then they were shocked when I said, "actually, tomorrow is my due date." I guess that's gotta make a girl feel good about her size. (But couldn't they tell by my pained waddling?) I'm TIRED. I could just nap until the baby decides to come. I know. Exercise would be better. I've been walking a lot, and last night my mom and I made some Indian curry. Yummy. I don't think it was spicy enough for this baby though. I may get some acupuncture this week that is supposed to help induce labour. We'll see.

OK, baby! We're waiting for you! Any day now!

*By the way, if you were wondering, I have not had any Braxton Hicks contractions (that I noticed anyway) for this entire pregnancy.

2 comments:

bluemoon said...

Did you find out from your Doc how long they will let you go before inducing? Hopefully at least 10 days!

You look great! Hang in there! Stay away from castor oil but do partake in some lovin'! Heheh. The big "O" produces Oxytocin... which brings on contractions.

Won't be long now, how exciting for you! How's Dave holding up? How great that you have your mom there, how long is she staying for?

Take care of yourself, we'll all be checking here to see what's going on!

Karmen said...

We're all waiting patiently :) Take care of yourself, with lots of rest!

The Flames finally won tonight! Maybe it's a sign of good things to come (like babies!)