Friday, November 09, 2007
4 days to go...
...or a whole lot more! It's crazy to think that we could have been parents yesterday! Dave is still pretty disappointed. He is dying to meet the little man that only I know so intimately. When he read that, on average, first-time moms have their babies 10 days late, it was very hard for him to take. I don't know how long my practice would let me go past my due date until they'd want to induce me, but (right now) I would prefer not to be induced. Induced moms are more likely to need/request epidurals because of the unnatural progression and intensity of contractions caused by the induction medication vs. the progression of natural labour. And of course, having an epidural increases the odds of needing a c-section. I realize that anything can still happen. I may not get the natural birth I've always wanted, but it would be nice if I could let this pregnancy take its time. And hopefully we won't have to wait until Thanksgiving to meet our little one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WOW! I am SOOO happy for you that the little man turned. And at 39 weeks, thats amazing! Did you feel it???
Good luck and congrats. SO looking forward to your news!
So? How goes it? Any Braxton Hicks or anything? I'll tell you what worked with Lili - VERY spicy chicken (on pizza of all things), a 2 hour walk, followed by some lovin'.... I was in labour 2 hours later!
Anxiously awaiting news....
Mary
Post a Comment