...my tush is, that is. ;) My doctor recommended lying on the floor with my legs up on the couch or an exercise ball. I've found it easier to sit on the arm of my couch and let my body fall backwards onto the cushions. I guess I should be pretty careful that I don't just roll off the couch onto the floor. (Robin, you're right; it reminds me of Phoebe upside down on the recliner too!)
I had my acupuncture appointment yesterday. I was nervous about getting stuck with needles, but it didn't really hurt. I didn't feel them at all once they were in. Baby was squirming around during the appointment, but I don't think he's turned around yet. She gave me a stick to light (kind of like incense) and hold next to one of the points. Dave will need to do that, as I probably won't be able to hold a lit stick next to my pinky toe for 20 minutes. I'm told that it has an "interesting" smell...a bit like marijuana, which is why my chiropractor doesn't do it in her office very often. I'll make sure we don't do it before any students/parents come by our house!!
Our childbirth class coach is coming by our house tonight. I don't think I mentioned this before! She offered to be there for our birth! Well, the baby's birth! ;) She likes to participate in at least one birth a year to stay current for teaching the class. Since we can't afford a doula, this is a great alternative! She really is amazing, and we both feel very comfortable with her. My mom will be in the delivery room too, so I will be surrounded by calm, loving people. :)
I'm just working on our birth plan now. I know I need to be flexible (no need for any lectures here!), but it's good to have an "ideal" written down. A lot of things will be thrown out if I need a c-section...still hoping that won't be necessary though!
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment