Tuesday, October 09, 2007

35 weeks pregnant

Today's prenatal appointment was interesting. Baby decided to kick the whole time, making it hard for Dr. to find his heart beat. HR was 160--normal for being so very active at the time. My weight: MINUS 1.4 lbs from 2 weeks ago. Crazy! I felt like a whale this week! That'll show those busy bodies who tell me I look "awfully big with five weeks to go!" Total weight gain so far: 27 lbs. Will I make it under 30 lbs.? Probably not. Do I care? Nope.

I had my first internal exam (yippee!) of the now-weekly exams. I'm 1 cm--not that that is anything to get excited about. The doctor did discover that the baby is still in breech position. Seriously, kid. Turn! Some of the doctors in this practice like to try versions (sp?--when they turn the baby) now, but this doctor prefers to wait until later because 1) the baby can always turn back between now and D-day, and 2) it may cause pre-term labour. She said she would try to turn the baby, but we would go into it with the intent to have the baby then and there, no matter what. That means turn the baby and induce labour if it doesn't already start (not my first choice in the best of circumstances), or try to turn the baby and if he won't turn, C-section (definitely not #1 on my list either). I have a chiropractic and accupuncture appointment tomorrow, where my doc will try some positioning and pressure points to encourage the baby to turn. Hey, it's worth a shot. It's worth a whole bunch of shots, actually.

Please think good turning thoughts for us! And if you pray, that would be appreciated too. :)

5 weeks to go!

3 comments:

bluemoon said...

Oh Jill! I'm so hoping that little guy turns for you.

Internal exams... eck. Not looking forward to those. I was 3cm for a month with Cohen... and was still 3 cm 6 hours into hard labour (was induced... don't recommend it!).

That's awesome that you haven't gained too much. Although it's for a good cause :) My sister-in-law gained 70lbs... and lost it all plus 10lbs within a year. I only gained about 30 with each child, and couldn't lose any of it to save my life LOL. Oh well. I'm trying desperately not to pay any attention to the scale this time around! I know I have a good plan to take the weight off after baby, so I'll just stay focussed on that.

I can't believe you only have 5 more weeks to go! Hurray! I'm so excited for you. You'll be such a great mommy!

Take care,
M.

Anonymous said...

Boy, time is a'movin' isn't it?

You've got my prayers.

Move, baby, move. Do it now and STAY. :-)

Ah well ... to everything, TURN, TURN, TURN, there is a season ... ;-)

(Maybe you should play that part of the song for the dear one, eh?)

Anonymous said...

Oh ... and I gained something like forty pounds. Yes. Really. Sigh.