They're a different shade of blue than the wall colour, but they stand out nicely. We used fishing line and white hooks to attach to the ceiling, so it really does look like they're floating. One of the raindrops (Happiness) was a little scrunched up, so we took it down to press under a pile of heavy books. We won't put any pictures up on that same wall, but we'll get a few prints to put up on the other walls. I took some pictures, but they don't do the effect justice. It's perfect--I love it!
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Showering wishes
Just over six years ago, my sister-in-law Tamara threw me a wonderful bridal shower. As you walked in her front door, there were gauzey raindrops hanging from the ceiling, each with a different wish that was being showered on our marriage. It was absolutely lovely. I kept them in Calgary with all my wedding mementos, and on this past trip, I was faced with the "what to keep"/"what to throw away" dilemna again. Dave had a brilliant idea--to hang them in the baby's room. I couldn't think of a more appropriate thing to put in the room: the good wishes for our future coming around full circle as wishes for our baby's future.
They're a different shade of blue than the wall colour, but they stand out nicely. We used fishing line and white hooks to attach to the ceiling, so it really does look like they're floating. One of the raindrops (Happiness) was a little scrunched up, so we took it down to press under a pile of heavy books. We won't put any pictures up on that same wall, but we'll get a few prints to put up on the other walls. I took some pictures, but they don't do the effect justice. It's perfect--I love it!



They're a different shade of blue than the wall colour, but they stand out nicely. We used fishing line and white hooks to attach to the ceiling, so it really does look like they're floating. One of the raindrops (Happiness) was a little scrunched up, so we took it down to press under a pile of heavy books. We won't put any pictures up on that same wall, but we'll get a few prints to put up on the other walls. I took some pictures, but they don't do the effect justice. It's perfect--I love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment