I went to a shower yesterday for my friend Anita. They have two boys already, so when they found out they were having a girl this time, everybody went crazy (including her) and filled the child's closet with adorable pink things. Her sister wrote a poem for the shower's invite:
Tiny clothes of pink and lace,
Baby's closet has run out of space!
But come February, six months past new,
Poor baby will have to wear all blue!
Monster trucks, swords, a gun,
With these her brothers have loads of fun,
But shouldn't every girly-girl,
Have a doll with hair to curl?
How can she have a tea party when,
All her guests are pirates, soldiers, and army men?
Burp cloths, bibs, blankets, toys
The things she has were made for boys!
A girly-girl she'll never be
Without all these things, you see!
Anita's baby needs help from you,
But when you come please DON'T BRING BLUE!
~~~
Very cute! I was worrying over what to buy, and I decided on two little Disney Princess toy packages. A tiara, some bracelets, earrings, necklaces in one, and a wand and shoes (magical--they light up in the same colour!) in the other. Of course, these are for ages 3 and up. I was taking a risk that they'll be stored and not shipped off to a garage sale in the next three years! I thought there would be lots of toys, but it was mostly clothes, bibs and blankets...this child will not need new clothes for the next two years.
We played a few games, one of which was the most disgusting I've ever seen. I've heard of this but have never played it. There were eight baby diapers and eight melted chocolate bars smeared inside. The diapers were passed around, and you had to guess "what baby ate"...you could look, smell, touch or even taste. I don't get grossed out easily, but this did it to me. The fact that I could smell the baby powder-scented diaper in addition to the chocolate was just really awful. I would never taste them! I had a quick look and a quick sniff of each, but this was one game that I didn't take too much time to try and win! (And this is a big deal for me--I'm pretty competitive!) Take note, girlfriends: NO, no, no dirty diaper games if you throw me a shower.
The cake and home-made mints were awesome though. I had a good time! Next up: Rachel's shower. I know that this will be terrific, as I know the hostess personally! (Yours truly!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment