Monday, April 02, 2007

Dave suggested I started blogging on this site, saving my posts as drafts for the big unveil in about a month. It's been very hard to keep this news from friends and family, when I really want to shout it from the rooftop. I told my mom and Margaret that I may randomly call them and say, "Guess what? I'm pregnant!" whenever I had the urge to tell someone.

Here's a funny story about how this blog started:

Without going into too much detail, we've been hoping for a while that we'd have something to announce. In a dreamlike trance, I decided it would be fun to have a belly blog...oh, about a year before actually becoming pregnant. I created the blog, thinking nobody would possibly stumble across it. I didn't put it in the public listings. However, I did not notice that it was listed as a link under my profile on my main blog. Very shortly after creating the blog, I received an email from a friend in Ontario. Congratulations! We're so excited for you! Uh...awkward. My own stupid fault. Who creates a pregnancy blog before they're even pregnant? Embarrassing email to have to write. Link came off my profile. No stumbling upon it since...but I will have to be careful for another month.

No comments: