Here is belly in my Washington D.C. hotel room. The one photo obviously not included in the Kodak gallery from this trip. Check the photos again--do I look pregnant to you? Or did you think at the time, "gee, Jill looks like she's gained a little weight." Ha!
If you go back and read my blog about the trip, the thing about me and Robin at the Hard Rock Cafe is even funnier. Oh, I'm so sneaky.
Final note: sorry to friends and family, but Ray Still found out about the baby before you. I was slightly worried he might let it slip if he talks to a former student like Peter Cooper or Steve Caplan, or someone else I may have interviewed for my document. I'm hoping he at least won't speak to them until after May 1. Anyway, here's how it happened:
I'm in my lesson, and we talk quite a lot about breathing, flexible stomach muscles, etc. Also stability in the air stream, which can be seen in your stomach if it's unstable. To demonstrate, he had me put my hand on his stomach as he play one of his exercises. He put his hand firmly on MY stomach as I played next. Hmmm. I first thought, uh-oh! Then, "he must think I'm fat!" Later he asked me if I had children. I said, "one on the way," and his face lit up. It was quite lovely. He then said my baby had had a handshake from Ray Still! I'll never forget that moment!
The flight attendant from DC to Des Moines also knows I'm pregnant. There I go, blabbing it to strangers. Actually, this is a funny story too. Not-so-funny: a four hour delay. Perk: free booze for the flight! Hmm...none for me, thanks. Really, how many people would say no? At least a handful. There were probably non-drinkers, alcoholics, and of course, the underage passengers on that flight. I was in the front row, and upon first refusal of liquor, she said, oh, that was easy. Are you sure? I had a gingerale, but she didn't even give me the whole can because it was the last one. She said I could have a whole can of pepsi and rum or something. No thanks. Fast-forward to the end of the beverage service. She comes back, and I ask for a refill, seeing an open can of club soda on her cart. Hey, everybody got free booze--I should at least get a full soda, right? She says of course, and pours it for me. Then, are you sure you don't want some vodka or something in that? So I told her. Response: "Congratulations!" followed by, "You don't look pregnant." Ah yes.
Believe me, I could've used a drink at the end of that day! Score 1 for mommy-to-be. Just say no!
No comments:
Post a Comment