9 weeks, 3 days pregnant
A little sad today. I wonder if every pregnant woman feels this way at the beginning. I just don't feel pregnant. I feel tired, pretty much all the time, and somewhat hungry, pretty much all the time, but I don't have morning sickness, I no longer feel nauseous, I don't have bigger *censored* (yet?), or sore *censored*. Although I'm hungry, I don't feel like eating. My baby (belly) is probably not getting enough nutrients. What I thought was a gently curved belly now just feels like too much Ben & Jerry's. It even seems smaller to me than it did a few days ago. I've lost a few pounds, but not because of sickness. At my first pre-natal visit last week, they said I was still pregnant. I was worried that it might have just "gone away".
I guess I'd just like some more confirmation that I'm actually pregnant. I want to be joyous. I'd be thrilled to throw up! (Sorry--too graphic?) I *will* be doubly thrilled to hear this baby's heartbeat for the first time. 2.5 weeks to go until that appointment. That's the day, barring anything going wrong, that we will start announcing our news to family and friends. We're planning on going out to one of our favourite restaurants in Des Moines, Cosi Cucina, to celebrate. I will likely be the designated driver.
One more concern: according to my charting, I would be due November 19. Doctor says November 13. That's not a concern for me. However, I am worried that if I am right about my due date, then some of these appointments may come too soon. What if it's simply a week too early to hear the heart beat? What if the doctor can't find it, we freak out, and actually everything's just progressing normally?
Maybe I worry too much.
I hear that's normal.
I also hear it'll probably only get worse...yippee!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment