11 weeks, 6 days pregnant
I am anxious for tomorrow. Every little twinge, every little pain (and more details I don't care to discuss on a blog), I worry a little more. What if something is wrong? I will likely find out tomorrow. Good or bad, many of my questions will be answered. If all is good, and we hear the heartbeat at tomorrow's appointment, my chances of miscarrying go down to 10%. This is why many women/couples wait this long to announce their pregnancies. I don't know how I would be able to function if I heard that something was wrong with the baby. It makes me cry just thinking about all the what-ifs.
In other news, we got Vonage phone service today--free long distance calls to the US, Canada and Western Europe! (but only land-lines outside of the US, so if you've received an email from me asking for your home phone number, now you know why.) Just in time for our announcements (I think the best thing is to remain positive and assume there will be a positive outcome, and therefore a positive announcement!) starting tomorrow. We've each made a list of the people we'd really like to tell over the phone or in person before the blog goes public. Family of course, but my family is so large, that we may give my mother the pleasure of telling my aunts and uncles. I'll send out an email too, as it would just take so long to tell every single friend over the phone. "Hi! We're having a baby in November! Talk to you later! Bye!" click; next call. So please don't be offended if you get the news via email. And PLEASE understand my pregnancy brain state right now, and forgive me if you only hear about this via my blog.
24 hours from now, we'll be leaving our appointment! (And I'm going to finally get my hair cut, then run home to teach, then we're going out to one of our favourite restaurants in Des Moines--Cosi Cucina--to celebrate.) Phone calls will likely have to wait until Wednesday. Then the blog on Thursday or Friday. Stay tuned for the big announcement! (Who am I kidding? Nobody is seeing this blog yet. You will see the big announcement first, then read this!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment