Thursday, November 15, 2007

40 + 2

Well, I have no idea what contractions are going to feel like. I woke up at 2:45am with some pressure from the baby on one side of my belly. It lasted for about 25 seconds. About 7 minutes later, it happened again. 6-7 minutes later, again. So I got up and went downstairs. I read my book for a while, and I finally went back to bed at 4:15 or so when "they" completely stopped. I'm pretty sure it was gas.

I'm exhausted.

And grumpy.

And whiny.

I went into this with the mentality that I'd be totally fine with letting the baby come on his own, as long as it took. But I want my baby now.

My mom and I went to the library yesterday and I looked at a baby names book. I figured it was time for Dave and I to start considering names. Kidding. We had decided on a name quite a while ago (before we even knew it was a boy), but we may have changed our minds. Kidding again. This baby has had one name and no other has come close. We had three girls names though. Funny. I did look at that book yesterday though, just to see how popular our name was. I'm happy that it's not on the Top 10 list.

We then went to see "Fred Claus" (bad movie) and ordered some Chinese food. I'm getting bored. I wrapped some Christmas presents last night. I have two more gifts to buy today, and I'm done with my shopping! We're heading over to the mall.

Ugh. I'm bored with myself! This blog is boring too. Sorry. Wish I could change that! Check back in a week or so.

p.s. It is the start of "sweater weather" here, which I normally love. However, I have no warm maternity clothes, and if I want to wear a jacket that zips up, I have to wear one of Dave's. It's a good thing we got a "Bundle Me" thingy to wrap up the baby in his carseat. (Thanks, Kim!) We'll need it on the way home from the hospital. It's supposed to snow on Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

bluemoon said...

Check back in a week! You're funny! I check back every morning, after lunch, after dinner, and before I go to bed! LOL.

The week I went overdue with Cohen was torture. I feel your pain. It's all you can think about, I know. I wish I had some sage advice but the best I can offer is... hang in there.

oboeinsight.com said...

Maybe your baby is waiting for MY birthday? Hmm. Ya think?

Okay ... you probably don't want to wait until the 19th. But you never know!

Anonymous said...

The day I went into labour I scrubbed the house from top to bottom, went grocery shopping. and prepared a huge meal all before 4 pm, because my in-laws were coming to stay to wait for baby. I started to feel cramps with all the hard manual labour I was doing and started to tell myself to stop because I didn't want to put myself in early labour. Then I remembered I was due and that I was SUPPOSED to go into labour, so I kept working, and he was here the next morning!

Karmen said...

C'monnnnnnnn Baby C!! We're all getting grumpy and whiny having to wait for you too! (Well, I am anyways!) :)

Although, it would be cool to have him born on your birthday . . . it is a family tradition, after all ;)