Thursday, September 20, 2007

That little stinker!

Well, my last doctor was mistaken. I went for my ultrasound this morning, and Baby is in breech position. He still has time to turn around. They like to see them head-down by 36 weeks. I'll have to ask at my next appointment what the next steps would be. When/if they'll try to turn him (the books all say doctors don't like to try this too early, as the baby could always turn back), when C-section would be the only option...

The good news is that my placenta is no longer low-lying.

And, Baby is 4 lbs. 9oz.!

And, Baby is still a boy! I played a little prank on Dave though. I called him at work, told him that I had some interesting news, and suggested we go for lunch to talk about it. That did not fly, and he made me tell him over the phone. I said, "the baby is in breech position," etc. "the baby is 4 lbs. 9 oz.," and finally, "well, we may want to reconsider our name choice. [insert previously-discussed girls' names here]..." Dave: "what?...whhaat?" Me: "Well, we still have time; maybe they'll be for the next pregnancy, because we're still having a boy."

I thought I was hilarious. Apparently I was Funny's cousin, Not Funny.

Actually, I would have been shocked, and honestly, a little sad at first, if they'd said it looked like it was a girl afterall. I feel a connection to this little guy. We call him by his name (to remain a secret until he's born), we've set up his nursery and filled his drawers with lots of clothes...we're ready for our little boy. (Well, not READY ready; emotionally, we're set. We just need to fill in the material needs.)

Now we just need him to turn around!

No comments: