I think my friends and family would agree that I haven't been overly emotional during this pregnancy. Every once in a while though, something will set me off. Today's blog: the commercials that make me cry.
1) "Everyone has friends" Guy with a bunch of people in front of him, crowd changes as narrator describes the different kinds of friends a person can have. The group gets smaller. Finally, "...friends who'll be there for you when you're diagnosed with a mental illness..." (one friend left in the group--walks toward main guy/camera) "Will you be that kind of friend?" Me: waterworks. (?!)
2) The commercial (for a bank maybe?) where people do nice things for strangers, such as pick up something they dropped on the street; a passerby notices and the nice acts continue as they do nice things for other people. Me: Tears spring to my eyes.
3) The dogs in the pound that look sadly at the camera as the narrator says, "I'm a good dog," and "I don't know why I'm here," and "I just want to go home." Oh geesh, that is making me cry just thinking about it.
4) Another dog commercial. Actually, I think it's a bank commercial. A big dog (lanky teenage black or brown lab) is bounding around an apartment, his big teenage puppy feet skidding around and out from underneath him as he runs around a hardwood floor. His wish: to someday have a backyard. Me: "Ohhhhh! He just wants a backyard to play in! I want him to have a backyard!" (I cry every time.) Dave: rolls his eyes at me during this one. I don't think the bank intended to make people cry.
I know there are more. I'll add to them as I think of them. Feel free to leave comments with your favourite sob-fest commercials! (*I've even changed my comment format so that non-blogger people can comment! That means you, family!...and friends that begin with R...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Commercial #3 (the first dog commercial mentioned) chokes me up every time, and I don't even like dogs!!
I would cry over all sorts of silly commercials when I was el prego. But one thing that really got me was the concert for the celebration of Princess Diana's birthday. Seeing her sons there, everytime I saw them I cried. Sheesh.
Post a Comment