From my other blog:
I have been organizing for the baby. Some might call it nesting. As my friend Rachel put it, there came a point when she realized that the baby doesn't just need its own room. It's not like getting a cat, it's an actual new member of the family that may in fact spill over into other areas of your house besides the nursery! Inspired by Rachel, I cleaned out an entire drawer in the kitchen for things like bottles, nipples, and bibs. (This took me a while...only because I have too much stuff in the kitchen, and everything that was in that drawer needed a new place to live.)
I also made room for Baby's bath things and sheets in our hall closet. He has a whole shelf to himself! (This is a big deal in our house, where there's really no room for new things.)
One thing I did the other night, that I'm not sure qualifies as nesting, is organize our loose change. You're saying, "what???" I don't know what came over me, but suddenly the change on top of Dave's dresser and mine just started to annoy me. I had a plastic organizer I'd used at our garage sale, and it already had a lot of coins in it. Take a wild guess at how many quarters we had. Think of a dollar amount. Seriously. Do it. OK, if it was $53, you win! (You don't win the quarters, just the game.) That's in quarters alone! I didn't bother counting the nickels and dimes, because there were more of those than quarters. So I think we're going to get some paper rolls for the coins, cash them in at the bank, and treat ourselves to a nice dinner this weekend! See? Nesting has already paid off!
1 comment:
Hey Jill...Oh sister I have been there! For me Nesting was throwing things out and donating...lets just say I have spent the last few weeks buying things to replace it:-) what I was thinking I'll never know! P/S back on the blogging wagon...feels good!
Post a Comment