*I started writing this in my comments box, then decided it was full-on blog-worthy.
The good news is that even though I can't get to sleep right away at night, I'm usually able to sleep in until 10am every day (much to my surprise).
The bad news is that I'm wasting my day by sleeping in until 10am.
The good news is that I have nothing to do (I hate practicing in the morning, I teach in the afternoons, and there's no symphony set right now...and no little ones to take care of!), so I CAN sleep in until 10am!
I've tried swimming, and it actually made me more nauseous. I was absolutely shocked and disappointed--I'd heard from many people that pregnancy swimming is a great feeling. Milk does help a bit, but I can only sip little bits. Ginger helped last night. My friend Tracy bought me some crystallized ginger in Des Moines the other day. I'm not even a big fan of ginger, but last night I kept it on my bedside table, and when I woke up needing to sit up immediately (only twice last night--small victories!), I took a small bite of one piece and just kept it in my mouth for a while. And then I slept until 10am. I was pretty surprised. I hadn't even tossed around much--my hair was smushed on one side of my head, but the top and other side didn't look messed at all. I fluffed up the one side, and I didn't even need to brush it. Had some granola, yogurt and grapes for breakfast about half an hour ago, and I'm sitting in our recliner as I type this...with the creeping sensation of the nauburn coming back. I'll have my shower and start my day. I do feel better after a shower...Patty, you may be onto something. Maybe I'll just try having a shower at 3am tomorrow. That is, if I'm up for any reason. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love it...sympathy nauburn! (Sorry! I don't wish that on anyone.) Yeah, add what you just described to a feeling of it continuing down into my chest and stomach, and you've got it. Not pleasant. Thanks for the sympathy though! ;)
Post a Comment