Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I get a kick out of you!

(And true, I get no kick from champagne...at least for several more months.)

Sir Camwell Jr. is really moving around! I'm sure he has been all this time, but boy, can I feel him! Tonight while watching TV (maybe it was Stephen Colbert's soothing voice?), I felt a kick so huge I bolted upright. Dave and his parents looked a little concerned at my audible gasp (it was more like a horse's whinny) until I told them it was just a huge kick. It wasn't just a kick though. It was as though Baby kicked out with his foot and twisted and turned it in my side to get a good grip to be able to turn over. In fact, that could very well be it, as I'm still feeling kicks on the same side. It really tickled!

We're in Calgary now. Belly has had its first swim in an outdoor pool, its first amusement park (tame rides only), and its first Indian food (searching my pregnancy brain...I think it's the first time since February that we've had it). It liked all three.

General pregnancy update: Although I had the great fortune to avoid morning sickness (minus a bunch of nausea) in my first trimester, I am feeling pretty ill these days. I can hardly sleep because whenever I lie down, the nausea kicks in and I have to sit up again. The heartburn is pretty much constant and particularly worse at night. I'm also feeling nearly as tired as the beginning of my pregnancy, and I need to nap every day. (Whether I get to nap every day is another matter--today I did, and I zonked out for 2.5 hours...oops.) I miss my body pillow from home, but my sister-in-law loaned me hers so I'm surviving.

Master Camwell is jumping away again. I wonder where he thinks he's going!

1 comment:

bluemoon said...

Hi Jill! If you get a chance, drop by and see us this weekend at the new house. My cell is 890-2994. I'd love to see you and your belly!

The kicking... oh it just gets worse. Sometimes, to be honest, I wished I could kick back!

As for the indigestion (my biggest pregnancy complaint) I always kept an enormous bottle of TUMS next to by bed, and tried to drink a glass of milk before lying down. Although, lying down is really misleading, cause I'm pretty sure I slept half-sitting up for the last trimester with each child!

Best wishes,
M