Sunday, June 10, 2007
Chamber Music
There are various opinions on the whole "play music for your baby in the womb" thing. No, I have not made a mix CD of brain-stimulating pieces. Baby at least feels vibrations, which is why he or she can recognize Mom's voice. So maybe Baby will recognize oboe, English horn and piano when he or she is born. I've played two things for Baby so far. The first, several weeks ago, was the second movement of Rodrigo's Concerto de Aranjuez. I came out of the shower and the first movement was just ending. I held my clock radio up to my belly so Baby could hear one of my very favourite pieces of music. Today, same thing, except it was Haydn's Emperor Quartet, second movement--I walked down the aisle to that piece. So while I haven't planned on giving my baby a "chamber" music experience (haha), I've had some satisfaction in playing a little music for my little one. Even if it's all just hooey, in those moments, I felt connected to someone I can't wait to meet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The Rodrigo Concerto is one of my favourites too!!! Lucky Baby!!
It's not foooey... Cohen used to kick me like crazy anytime Wagner came on. We even experimented - music off, no kicks, 10 minutes later turn music on, KICK KICK KICK!!!!!!!!!
Dunno if he hated it or loved it. But he definately could recognize it from Beethoven or Mozart!!!!!
Post a Comment