Tuesday, May 08, 2007

AAAHH!!

Mind racing.

I'm glad I looked into this stuff now, as it seems I'm behind schedule already. Did you know "they" recommend you sign up for prenatal classes (to have in your third trimester) in your FIRST trimester?? Well, I'm officially in my second, so I'm late. One class is completely booked, we can't do the one offered in Indianola, and the only certified Bradley Method instructor in Des Moines has one spot left--on Tuesday nights, which Dave can't do because of teaching jazz band. So we're down to one class option left, and now I'm paranoid that if we don't register today, it'll be gone. All these mommies-to-be that are more organized than me are snagging the good spots.

Another friend told me I should be registered at a baby store now (for shower gifts, etc.), but I wasn't planning on doing any of this until after my doctorate was finished at the end of the month. Then I will allow myself to go into baby mode. The most important baby-related things to do now are 1) eat well, 2) rest, and 3) don't stress out. I think everything else can wait (except apparently getting into this class now).

"Have you read a bunch of pregnancy books yet?" Hah! I'm reading the Inner Game of Tennis in its entirety, and several articles pertaining to my document. Although my held copy of "Shopaholic and Baby" became available yesterday at the library, so I'm allowing myself a half hour or so of reading that every day. I'm looking forward to the end of this month for so many reasons!

OK Dave, hurry up and call me back! He's in a recording session right now, and I want to book this class today!

1 comment:

bluemoon said...

Hey you know what, I never did make it to a pre-natal class in my first pregnancy... and I made it through ok. I did take one (just so I could say that I had) in my second pregnancy, and to be perfectly honest... didn't help at all.

Your body will know what to do, prenatal class or not. Now Dave, he may not know what to do, so he should probably go!

As for pregnancy books - that one I told you about - Naomi Wolf's Misconceptions was the only one I read that made any difference (and, you know me, I read a LOT of them) whatsoever...I did learn a lot from every book, but ultimately, again, you will naturally know what to do :) So don't panic...

If you can't make it into t prenatal class, see if there are any doula's in your area, MUCH more helpful!

Take care of you and baby,
Mary