Friday, April 20, 2007

10 weeks, 3 days pregnant

Tonight I had a CRSO rehearsal, and I'm staying overnight at a hotel. Forgot my pillow, darnit.

This afternoon I needed to pack a night bag and include an outfit of concert black for tomorrow morning's concert. I had the perfect outfit in mind: my slinky (material-wise), stretchy black skirt and matching 3/4 length-sleeved top. I tried them on. Whoa, mama. What NOT to wear when you're trying to conceal a pregnancy. I've been wearing my new black maternity pants quite a bit (kind of palazzo--sp?--meets dressy yoga), and I thought those might work. Tried them on with the slinky material top. NOPE. Tried a sweater set with them. Hmm. Closer, but the pants were still a give-away. So I tried a pair of non-maternity dress pants that were loose before belly came along. At least I don't need a belt with them now. And the sweater set conceals the belly nicely.

My concealment plan may have been foiled this evening at rehearsal though. I went over to chat with a flutist friend at break, and she kept darting her eyes down to my stomach. Hmm. Was I just paranoid? Does she think I put on weight? She didn't ask me anything, but then again, we weren't exactly alone. I'm not sure what I'd say if she asked me if I was pregnant. Maybe, "Why? Does this shirt make me look fat?"

Belly likes: ice cream, chocolate (running out of Canadian chocolate bars!!)
Belly dislikes: Subway sandwich I had tonight. Banana peppers: good. Chicken: bland and made me gag.

A little nauseous tonight. Need more chocolate. I already had a Wendy's Frosty tonight. Hmmm...

No comments: